This month the blog turns one. To celebrate they are doing lots of fun stuff all month long!
The challenge for this week was to create a birthday invitation using any Cuttlebug folder.
Since my daughter's birthday is coming up in just two months, I decided to get an early start and enter the challenge.
For a long time now she's been telling me she wants a "Baby Birthday." Anyone who knows her, knows she LOVES babies --both the real ones and dolls! Must admit it posed a challenge for me to come up with something that is babyish, but isn't too baby shower-ish. All of it had to pass her inspection, and she was pretty picky about what she wanted and didn't want. I managed to find something to satisfy her and even found a Baby Doll cake - thanks to Better Homes and Gardens!
Here's what I came up with for the invitation...
- White/pink/green card-stock
- Pocket Scraps - Tis the Season Mini Dots - Paper
- Baby Clip Art from here
- Pink Ribbon
- Pink Ribbon Roses
- Rubber Stampede Party Plans Stamp
- Stampabilities - Baby, Bottles, & Bears Stamp Set
- Scallop Scissors
- Zig Memory Systems Felt Tip Pen - Faux Stitching
- Versa Color - Fresh Green Stamp Pad
- Cuttlebug Die Cut - Flower
- Cuttlebut Embossing Folder - Polka Dots