At first I thought it was a hard challenge to do seeing I didn't have a archive of ideas built up, but then inspiration struck and the following project was "born." In this project I was reminded how "less is more" -- by that I mean that you don't have to keep piling things on to make your cards look nice.......Clean and Simple was the order of the day.
If not for this challenge I wouldn't have accomplished anything "paper wise" in the past week! So busy with so many other things! My project this week was very quick and easy so here goes...
I started with this file folder
And turned it into a card portfolio -- this uses the back of the file folder
Here's what I did:
- Cut the file folder in half
- Cut the tabs off
- On the plain piece --- Score 3 inches from the bottom and fold up to make pocket
- Turn folder
- Score at 5, 10 1/8, and 10 1/2
- Fold on score lines
- In picture # 2 you can see that I cut 1 Inch off of the pocket fold on the right hand side to make the flap fold easier.
- Make closure however you want -- either with Velcro, buckle, or a ribbon tied strap like I did
I love it!! What a great idea to use the back, less-decorative part for the portfolio and the gorgeous front for cards! I'm going to have to try this. :)
I really liked the design of your file folders. You were very creative in decorating. This will be an inspiration for everyone to be creative with the file folder.
Post a Comment