Friday, April 13, 2012

Felicity's New Clothes

Here's the first outfit I finished for my daughter's American Girl doll. I had SO MUCH FUN making this, and have already started on some more outfits. 
The shirt pattern came from here...... I used a tee shirt of my own that had gotten "ruined" and recycled it to make this little pink tee shirt for Felicity. My favorite part is the ruffles in front!!
 The skirt pattern came from here..... I recycled a pair of jeans that were given to my husband, but didn't fit!  I got the "bright idea" to embroider some vines and flowers on it, and I'm lovin' the way it turned out.
I drew the vines on with a pen before embroidering and then added some lazy daisy stitch flowers intermittently.
 I also did a button closure instead of velcro, and did a rag edge finish (it wasn't washed yet in these photo's -- but once washed it will look like these ones that Christa did).
I wouldn't mind having an outfit like this myself...afraid I don't have the patience to make one "life size" though!
This post linked to:


Christa said...

I like your ruffled t-shirt more than the one in the tutorial. :)

I also love the idea of a button closure for the skirt.

Your embroidery really makes the skirt awesome. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I REALLY REALLY need to learn to sew! So adorable!

Nolyna said...

Great job for first timer!! I love, love the embroidery its fabulous!!!