Sharing 3 clutches I knitted for Christmas gifts using this free pattern on Ravelry.
This one uses Homespun yarn....I like the look and feel of this "chunky" yarn.
This one uses Hometown USA yarn -- very think and a bit difficult to knit because of how heavy it is. I had to take breaks while knitting this one as it hurt my hands because of it's weight.
This one uses the I Love This Yarn brand and was my favorite to work with. It was so easy to knit I could easily have made a clutch in one afternoon!
Here are the changes I made to the pattern to fit my preferences.
- On the pink and teal ones -- I made the button hole smaller doing rows 5 and 6 like this:
- knit 11 stitches, cast off 3, knit 11 stitches
- knit 11 stitches, cast on 3, knit 11 stitches
- On the black one I increased the size (since the yarn was so thin) by:
- Casting on 29 stitches
- I made the button hole smaller on this one as well by doing rows 5 and 6 like this:
- knit 13 stitches, cast off 3, knit 13 stitches
- knit 13 stitches, cast on 3, knit 13 stitches
Whatever You Want Wednesday