I'm back to blogging -- for a week at least!
This past week we were having special services at our church and it falls my lot to entertain the guest speaker.
I thought I'd share a few things I do to in preparation for entertaining guest speakers in my home.
Above you'll see a welcome basket -- usually filled with little things like:
Homemade Greeting Cards
And in this case a knife for the speakers pocket knife collection!
I fill a basket with snacks for in between meals....just in case a hunger pang strikes or they need a sugar "pick-me-up."
Included in this are:
I spring clean both the bedroom and the bathroom to be used by the guests.
- Moving furniture to sweep up dust bunnies
- Wiping down cobwebs from ceiling corners
- Scrubbing bathroom floors on my hands and knees making sure to get in all the corners and cracks
- Dusting: the pictures/shelves on the walls, light fixtures, tops of bookshelves etc.
- Cleaning blinds/windows
- Ironing pillowcases
- Sweeping along the edges of the walls and in corners with my sweepers attachments
Nothing says "I'm glad your here and I've prepared for you" like a sparking clean room/bathroom.
I'll be back later this week to share some of the new appetizer type recipes I used for after church snacks.