It's been a long time since I've shared any recipes on this blog.
It's not for lack of cooking or trying new things -- most of the reason lies in the fact that it takes time to photograph the finished results and "the food is getting cold!" (smile)
Since fall is right around the corner (here in the U.S.A), my daughter and I have been in the mood for what we call "comfort food" i.e. chunky soup!
Here's a recipe I recently tried (and tweaked).
We all really enjoyed this filling soup.
Baked Potato Soup
- 1 small onion
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 cups milk
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 bag (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package bacon
- 7-8 medium potatoes
- Fry bacon, crumble and set aside
- Peel, cube, boil potatoes till tender, and drain (or use red potatoes and leave the peeling on)
- Saute the onion in the butter till well done
- Add flour
- Slowly whisk in milk
- Add salt, pepper, (to taste) and sour cream bring to a boil
- Add potatoes and 1/2 the cheese
- Simmer till cheese is melted
- Garnish with remaining cheese and bacon
This post linked to:
Roses of Inspiration