When I saw this sandcastle pattern in Family Fun, I knew I had to make something with it.
I wanted to make a card, but the pattern is too big and I haven't had a chance to re-size it yet.
Then I realized Saturday starts August, and I needed a new decoration for our bulletin board.
What better end of the summer thing is there than a beach/sandcastle?
Since it's for the church bulletin board the flag reads "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4
Details of the bucket
Details of the sun, clouds, bird
- 1 Sheet of paper I purchased at Dollar Tree some time back (the background)
- 1 Sheet of sandy looking paper (the sand at the bottom)
- Blue card stock
- Red card stock
- Gray card stock
- Yellow card stock
- Orange card stock
- 50 grit sand paper (the castle)
- Blue ink pad (on bucket)
- Red ink pad (on bucket)
- Silver ink pad (on bucket)
- Orange ink pad (on sun)
- Yellow ink pad (on sun)
- Light blue ink pad (on waves)
- Brown ink pad (on flag)
- Black ink pad
- Bic Markers
- Soft Pastels (Oriental Trading) ---clouds
- Transparent embossing powder
- Art Accentz laser glitter - minerals light copper
- Paradise bird stamp
- Sea Shell Clip Art (the same shell and technique I used in this post, just shrunk it way down)
- Polka dot embossing folder (sun)
- Swirls embossing folder (bucket)