Have to admit it was a lot of fun to make,and we are both MORE THAN PLEASED with the way it turned out!
While I can't tell you exactly how I made everything (it's not my original idea, but from a copyrighted book).... I will list the supplies I used. I didn't follow the book exactly, but based my ideas on the twin bed they had pictured.
- Cereal box (base of bed)
- White handkerchief -(sheet/long pillow)
- Batting (inside pillows)
- Sour Cream lid (headboard)
- Bits of leftover lace (edging on lg. pillow/bedspread)
- Blue rick-rack - along base of bed
- Two coordinating (blue) material scraps (bedspread/sq. pillows/ headboard)
- Singer Pixie Sewing Machine
- Glue Gun
BTW - we did do the braided rug ....here's what it looks like next to the bed
- Dk. Blue/Lt. Blue/White Embroidery floss
- Hot Glue