A sympathy card for a dear friend
who tragically lost his sweet wife
two weeks ago. She was a very special person who made a big impact on my life! Wanted this to be extra special so I put extra time into it. Not sure if you can tell in the above picture or not - but I used clear embossing powder on all the roses to make them sparkle.
Words can be so cheap in times of deep grief - I often try to think of what I would want others to say to me at a time like this.....what came to my mind this time was an old hymn of comfort-- Does Jesus Care?
I included it on the inside of the card...
- Gray/White/Blue Cardstock
- DP - Classics (K & Company)
Textile Embossing Folder
- Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars)
- Sentiment/hymn printed on my computer
- Digital Rose Stamp from Birds Cards
- Crayola Markers
- outlined roses in - colored leaves with
- Clear Embossing powder
- Teal Ribbon
- Oval Frame w/Bird (Sizzix)
- MS corner punch
- on the hymn inside (I can't remember the name of this one)
- MS Heart Border Punch
- the little hearts on the side are punched out with this
It's perfect! I haven't sent mine yet because I hardly know what to say. I figure he'll need a card once the rest of the cards have dropped off, so I'm planning to get it out within the next few days. Thanks for sharing yours!
Post a Comment