A friend of mine gave me some of her old issues of Victoria and Southern Lady -- after looking at all the Victorian/lacy stuff in them I decided to try altering a lampshade in my bedroom.
It started out looking like this:
The really great thing about it is that I got all the lace/pearls at the thrift store some time back for a little bit of nothing -- only the purple ribbon was bought new - and that was on clearance for 99 cents! This was a no sew project -- I attached everything with my hot glue gun
I liked it this way, but wanted to try "dressing it up a bit" with some lace. pearls, and homemade ribbon flowers. Pretty pleased with the results.... seems a bit more cozy now in my reading corner.