I found a pack of pre-cut squares at our Wal-mart in pinks and browns and fell in love with it. The above quilt was the project I decided to make with them.
My friend Abby sent me her burp cloth pattern (that she makes from soft flannel) so I made two of those to go along with the quilt. I really like the "dog bone" shape of them as they curve in at the shoulder and fit around your neck well (something like the ones in this tutorial -- except I like Abby's a bit better). I used the zig zag stitch to top-stitch around them once I'd turned them...like the look it gave them.
- Pink Cardstock
- Pink Paint
- I daubed this on the card front to "soften it" something like the Dry Brushing done in this post
- Scalloped Rolled Rose
- Homemade notebook edged paper
- Vellum sentiment (Thanks for the big pack of them Christa!)
- Glitter strips with Scor Tape (from this tutorial)
- Silver Rhinestones
- under the sentiment
- Large Scalloped Circle
- (freebie from a stamp company -- I traced it off to use as a pattern)
- Faux Stitching around s.circle with felt tip pen
- Vellum Teddy Bear (Hot Off The Press)
Here's the baby card my 8 yr. old made.....she wanted it to be funny. The background behind this card comes from a Berenstain Bears book about where brother and sister get a new baby sister. Sister has to carry the dirty diapers to the trash and frequently says "Pee-yoo!" She has a bit of a jealousy problem until Papa and Mama bear show her home movies of when she was a baby.
That's why giraffe on this card is carrying the baby giraffes diaper to the trash and saying "Peyou!"
My daughter hand drew all the elements of the card -- the trees, the giraffe etc....... her mother's only "slightly jealous" of her artistic ability - actually she's very "jealous" of it!
Whatever You Want Wednesday