Paper Garden) contacted me recently and ask if I'd be interested in reviewing a couple stencils from the store. I was more than happy to try out their stencils and post my honest review here on my blog. While I was at it, I tired out a new technique....using versamark and embossing powder with a stencil!
To create this card I:
- Laid my Diagonal Stripes stencil over a piece of kraft cardstock and inked through the openings with my Versamark Watermark ink pad (it was a little tricky because the versamark is sticky - but with a little patience I accomplished it!)
- Added some Red Dragon embossing powder and heat set
- Distressed the edges and layered it on a piece of dark brown cardstock (also with distressed edges)
- Using brown ribbon, I created a wrapped package look and added a pretty bow
- Created a tiny tag and stamped an SU sentiment on it
- Added a bit of burlap string and popped it up on my card front with mounting tape
I really enjoyed using this nicely sized 6 x 6 stencil, and would definitely recommend it to any crafter! It was easy to work with, well made, and turned out great results! You can be sure you'll be seeing more of these diagonal stripes on my future projects!
Supplies and Tools:
Embellishments: Ribbon, Burlap String
Inks: Ground Espresso Distress Ink (Tim Hotlz), Red Dragon Embossing Powder, Versamark Watermark
Misc. Diagonal Stripes Stencil (Echo Park Paper)
Punches: Corner Punch (Close to my heart), Deep Edge Border punch (Martha Stewart), Hole punch, Small Circle Punch, Large Circle Punch
Stamps: Winter Post (Stampin' Up)
This post linked to:
The Card Concept - Parisian Postal (Inspired by wrapped kraft package)
Little Red Wagon - Holiday Tags and Gift Card Holders
Fusion - Inspiration (I used the sketch upside-down)
Addicted to Stamps - Season's Greetings
Power Poppy - Power and Spark - Gift Card Holder
Those stencils are awesome! I love the technique that you used to create your design. Thank you for sharing with us this week at LRW.
Very festive and pretty. The shimmer and sparkle is perfect!
I've never thought of using glitter with stencils - what a great idea!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept. Merry Christmas!!
What fabulous stencils! And they made your card so festive! Gorgeous and glittery too! So glad you played along at the Card Concept.
very cool, that makes for a nice look of a wrapped present, great idea for the gift card!
Post a Comment