I was thrilled with Karen ask me to guest design for the month of April over at Word Art Wednesday. I've been linking up to this fun "Anything Goes" challenge for a long time, and I use their free word art files quite often in my card-making.
I find that using designer paper from all one paper stack makes cards like this fun and easy to create! I hope my card will inspire you to check out Karen's blog and link up your own lovely creations!
To create the chalkboard type text I:
- layered my free wordart verse onto a white background in Photoscape X
- inverted the colors so the text was white and the background black - saved as a new file
- inserted my new wordart into Open Office and adjusted the size
- clicked the picture so that the color properties could be adjusted
- added red and green till I got the shade of brown I wanted
Supplies and Tools:
Dies/Punches - Hello Doily Dies (Sizzix), Lg. Square Punch, Sm. Circle Punch, Scallop 3-Dot Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Cherry Blossom Double Edge Punch (Martha Stewart)