Hello friends! It's my turn to share a Pick of the Week project over on The House That Stamps Built. I decided to try shadow stamping with one of Repeat Impressions small solid stamps.
For this first card I:
- Inked up my 5205-I, 2" x 2" w/Round Corners stamp with distress oxide ink (Wild Honey, Broken China, Peeled Paint) and stamped on the front of my card
- This technique is especially nice to use in creating one-layer, clean-and-simple cards.
- Next I stamped 9706-U, Flowers in versamark watermark ink
- I added midnight black embossing powder and heat set
- To create a bit more depth, I inked up my script embossing folder (Cuttlebug) with walnut stain distress oxide and laid it lightly over my main panel
- For added dimension, I added a burlap string bow to the bouquet
For the inside, I added a pretty yellow strip of flowers punched with the blossom trim punch from Martha Stewart.
For my second card I:
- Stamped my 5205-I, 2" x 2" w/Round Corners stamp in Peeled Paint and Seedless Preserves on watercolor paper
- Stamped the 10201-W, Flower Power Background over the top in Versamark Watermark ink
- Added white embossing powder and heat set
- Cut out all my squares and layered them on a piece of white card stock embossed with the basketweave embossing folder from Darice
- Using the lace border punch from Martha Stewart, I created a lacy strip and adhered it down the middle of my card
- Added a burlap string bow with a purple button center to the left side of the card
- Stamped 3910-G, Miracle of Spring in Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide, matted it on olive green card stock, and popped it up with mounting tape
A third way to use these solid stamps is to create embellishments like the one I used inside my card.
- I stamped the 5205-I, 2" x 2" w/Round Corners stamp in seedless preserves distress oxide, spritzed it with water, and heat set
- Next I, die cut a leaf from the fall foliage thinlits (Tim Hotlz), added some distress crayon, rubbed it around, and added it to the corner of my square
- The last item was a small flower (Flowers and Leaves - EK Success punch) with a purple pop up sticker center
I hope you've enjoy seeing these fun ways to use solid stamps. All four of the Repeat Impressions stamps I used will be 20% off this week only. (For the coupon code see: The House That Stamps Built blog.)
This post linked to:
Use Your Stuff - Squares
Double D Challenge - Twine
4 Crafty Chicks - Flowers
Time Out - Inspiration Photo (below)
Allsorts - Be there or be square
Inspired by all the little things - Inspiration photo (below)