I was so excited to be the recent winner over at the Frilly and Funkie challenge. I put my $25 gift certificate to the Funkie Junkie Boutique to good use and today I'm sharing a card I created with two of my new supplies!
To create my card I:
- embossed a piece of kraft card stock with the Lumber 3D folder from Tim Holtz
- lightly inked over my embossing with Gathered Twigs Distress ink (Ranger) and spritzed with water
- cut my panel into wood planks and distressed the edges before adhering it to my white card front
- tied a piece of sparkly gold tulle around the bottom of my card
- die cut some cream and green vines using the Spellbinders Romantic Vines Die Cut and tucked them behind my tulle
- die cut two flowers from the Tattered Florals Die (Tim Hotlz)
- stamped Vintage Text Background Stamp (Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous) in Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- glued one flower over the other and added a brown button with a burlap string bow in the center
- added a Tiny Tag (Cuttlebug) stamped with a sentiment from Sunny Flowers (Stampendous) in Walnut Stain Distress Oxide (Ranger)
This post linked to:
Frilly and Funkie - Letter Perfect
Apple Apricot - Simply Neutrals
Tuesday Throwdown - Tag It
4 Crafty Chicks - Birds n' Blooms
Allsorts - Use 2 or more dies (I used three)
Oh wow, I love that lumber effect you created there, gorgeous! Another beautiful card :) Hugs and happy weekend wishes, xx
So gorgeous. Love the details and tag, Thanks for joining our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. Happy Crafting!
A lovely design and some super dies. Thank you for joining our 'Dies' challenge this week at Allsorts.
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT
A beautiful card in the rustic colours and great textures, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge 'use at least 2 dies' them this week.
Esther, I adore the contrast of the chunky wooden texture with the feminine tulle on this beautiful card! Your flower looks amazing stamped in that text (I have been coveting that stamp for ages!) and layered over the greens. Thank you so much for playing along in our Letter Perfect challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!
Your card is beautiful Ester! I love the 3-D Lumber embossing folder (added to my wish list). It really looks like a piece of wood! The flower and vines look so pretty on the "wood"piece. It is rustic yet feminine with the tulle netting.
the tulle wrapped around the woodgrain panels is such a cool contrast I love the layers of texture this has :)
A beautiful card using that woodgrain to great effect. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx
Post a Comment