It's time for our Wednesday challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. Since it's the fourth Wednesday of the month, it's one of our readers favorites --- ANYTHING GOES!
- Cut a circle from a piece of card stock using the Circle Nestabilites from Spellbinders
- Using the negative piece as a mask, I stamped 5015-P, Postcard in Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
- I then stamped four 9009-F, Butterfly (sm) in Versamark ink and embossed it with Midnight Black embossing powder
- I painted two butterflies with Ultramarine Blue Color Burst (Ken Oliver) and two with Tangerine Color Burst (Ken Oliver)
- I fussy cut my butterflies and layered one on top of the other, adding a strip of pearls down the center
- I painted a sentiment from Plate 9900 with matching color burst and stamped it on my card front
- I matted my panel on black card stock and attached it to the front of my white card
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created:
Cheri ~ Shirley ~ Heather ~ Laurie ~ Donna ~ Joy
This post linked to:
Use Your Stuff - Anything Goes with a title/sentiment
Tuesday Throwdown - Hot Colors
City Crafter - Butterflies
Make My Monday - Colored Image
Awesome cards - love the CAS beauty and colors of these! Perfect!
this looks so gorgeous!
thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge!
hugs and kisses from germany,
Both are very pretty, and again that change in colour really does have an effect on how the finished project make you feel - the red seems more active, while the blue is much calmer lol,
Fabulous cards, like the dimension of the butterflies and the elegance of the black background and the pearls!
Very nice I love the red butterfly such pretty colors. Really like postcard stamp.
so pretty, I love how you used a mask to stamp the circle and the dimension you brought to those butterflies are just gorgeous!
Lovely! I'm glad I found you through the City Crafter Challenge.
Sweet, simple and gorgeous...
Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday this time.
Two GORGEOUS cards! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail
This is really, really pretty! I love the layered butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator
Both of these cards are fantastic! Love the simplicity of it and I love the layered butterflies! Thanks so much for sharing with us at UYS! -Lori DT
Love your cards!! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
Absolutely stunning cards, Esther! I love the layered butterflies on the postcard stamp. I also love the way you painted the sentiment with the color burst and then stamped it. You are such a creative artist.
These are absolutely gorgeous!!! The CAS layout is perfect for showing off the stunning butterflies and I LOVE what you did with the masking and the postcard stamp!! Definitely going to have to keep this in mind!
Congrats on being a Spotlight Artist at CCCB.
Post a Comment