Today's card features a very easy technique for using your embossing folders to create backgrounds for your cards. Cropstop sells a wide variety of Embossing Folders for you to try this technique on - why not stop by the store and check them out!
To create this card I:
- Embossed a piece of white card stock with the Floral Whimsical Embossing Folder (Darice)
- Using Sponge Daubers I applied four different color combos of Distress Ink (Ranger) over the raised design
- Mowed Lawn/Pine Needles
- Blueprint Sketch/Chipped Sapphire
- Fossilized Amber/Spiced Marmalade
- Abandoned Coral/Picked Raspberry
- I die cut a sentiment from black card stock using the Sentiment Words Thinlit Dies from Tim Holtz (Sizzix)
I'd love to see your take on this quick and easy way to create colorful backgrounds so stop by the current link party and link up!