Today's Challenge (over on The House that Stamps Built) is Designer's Choice. Joy wants to see circles on your creations this week! I decided to do something FUN and created a pond full of lily pads and water lilies for this week's challenge.
To create my card I:
- Inked up a piece of blue card stock with Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink
- Spritzed it with water and heat set it
- Added some water lines with a white gel pen
- Cut two sizes of green circles with my Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- using small scissors I cut around the circles in wavy lines and cut the indent
- Inked the edges with Pine Needles Distress Ink to create shadows
- Added faux stitching with a white gel pen
- Punched two sizes of flowers from pink cardstock
- Inked the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide
- Layered two together, off setting to see all the petals
- Die cut some tiny yellow flowers from Exquisite Poppy Dies (Sue Wilson) and added those to the center of the large flowers
- Added tiny pearls to the center of the large lilies
- Added liquid pearls to the centers of the small flowers
- Stamped 9724-G, Happy Frog on light green card stock
- Inked the edges with Pine Needles Distress Ink, added a red smile, liquid pearl eyes, and a tiny pink heart
- Stamped 9704-F, Un-frog-ettable in Mowed Lawn/Pine Needles Distress Ink (Ranger)
- Created a banner and added the frog with mounting tape
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created:
Adorable!!! Simply adorable!!! Once again, your artistic creativity is stunning. Those lily pads are such a great way to work with the challenge.
This is so adorable! Like how you added the stitching and water lines, and all your distressing is great!
Oh is that ever the cutest and so creative, I love the whole scene!
Super cute and very creative turn on this challenge, Esther. Love the faux stitching too!
So cute!!! Those lilypads are fabulous!!
Circles - I see circles in those cute lily pads. All they need is a frog. LOL The faux stitching is a nice added touch.
What a perfect delightful card! This is amazing!
Post a Comment