Today I have a Mini Paper Bag Book to share with you. I started out to make a "Junk Journal," but as you can see there are no recycled items in this little booklet -- That's because I got distracted with clipart and papers from My Cute Lobster Designs! Here are the two sets I bought to create this little album....
I used these sets to create Scripture and Hymn tags and also as the embellishments to decorate the pages and pockets of my book. All the the Bible verses came from Word Art Wednesday.
Here's how I folded my bag to create the cover for this little book:
- Start with a lunch sack laying sideways so that it's bottom is on your right
- Fold over the bottom part of the bag (from the right) to form a flap
- Fold the top part of the bag (from the left) so that it overlaps the first part
- Turn your bag over and trim the excess off
Since I don't have a load of double sided paper I made my pages by:
- Choosing several coordinating designer papers
- Adhering two matching pieces back to back using my ATG gun
- Folding in the center to form a page insert
Here are some of the inside pages of my little book
You can see that I created both horizontal and vertical pockets on my pages.
I placed a paper doily in between several layers so that it stuck out both in the back and the front of the book.
Besides coordinating paper strips, I also used border punches and a fence die to create pockets for my tags. Several tags have pretty lace threaded through the top.
I contacted My Cute Lobster to be sure I was allowed to do this --- and they said it was fine for me to give away this page of printables (made with their art) here on my blog.
So here's your free printable page of Scripture and Hymn art.
This post linked to: