Hello Friends! I'm happy to announce that I'm back as a guest designer on the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's Blog this month!!
Today I have a "Lift-the-Flap" card for you. To be honest, it sort of came together by accident. I decided I wanted to make a text background for my card, but then I didn't want to cover any of it up with my coffee image. So....I created a little interactive element where you can lift the image and view all the sentiments!
I started by cutting a piece of Canson Watercolor Paper to 4.25 x 5.5 and arranging some text stamps (from Reverse Confetti) over top in a fun pattern. Using my stamping platform made it easy to ink up and stamp them all at once!
I stamped them in Versamark Watermark ink and embossed them in midnight black embossing powder.
Next I added some coffee bean shapes with walnut stain distress oxide and Helen's make marks 2 stencil from Stamplorations.
I stamped, colored, and fussy cut my images and layered them on an octagon shape which I attached to the card front with a piece of dark brown card stock.
Here's what it looks like when you open the flap.
Supplies and Tools:
- Drink More Coffee (Reverse Confetti)
- Sentimental Gems (Reverse Confetti)
- Snow Bunnies (Reverse Confetti)
- Pattern Blocks (Reverse Confetti)
- Make Marks 2 Stencil (Stamplorations)
- Spellbinders Large Octagons Nestabilities
- Canson Watercolor Paper (Simon Says)
- Veramark Watermark Ink
- Midnight Black Embossing Powder (Stampendous)
- Prismacolor Pencils
- The colors of RangerDistress Oxide (Simon Says):
Make My Monday - Use Shapes
Simon Says - Stamp It
As You Like - Favorite way to add text
(stamping because there are so many options with colors, embossing etc.)
A2z Scrapbooking - Anything Goes