I'm back with another Sunday devotional page from 100 Days of Grace and Gratitude...
A good parent won't spoil their child with candy, treats, and unlimited fun all the time. No, they'll also include vegetables, chores, school work, and even discipline in their lives.
Likewise, God gives those he loves both things we enjoy and things that are good for us! I like how Eugene Peterson paraphrases James 1:2-4 - "Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."
I've come to believe that some of God's richest blessings have been the hard times in my life ------ because they sent me to seeking after Him, and they've helped in shaping my character to be more like Jesus!
For this layout I created an oversized pink tag and decorated the front of it with ephemera, die cuts, and stamps. The reverse side includes some of the easily recognized blessings I've received -- things like a good husband, a sweet daughter, a place to live, food to eat, and paper-crafting friends. I also included some of the "blessings in disguise" -- chronic pain issues, painful relationships, loneliness, financial struggles, medical bills. They've all "worked together for good" to make me the person I am today.
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
Supplies and Tools:
- Doodle Florals (Sweet n Sassy Stamps)
- Grace So Amazing (Sweet n Sassy Stamps)
- Texture Tiles 5 (Sweet n Sassy Stamps)
- Alphabet - Typewriter Blocks (Sweet n Sassy Stamps)
- 100 Days of Grace and Gratitude Devotional Journal
- Nested Hearts Cut-Ups (The Cat's Pajamas)
- Typewriter Die (Cottage Cutz)
- Lost & Found Ruby Ephemera (My Mind's Eye)
- Lost & Found Heirloom Ephemera (My Mind's Eye)
- Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide (Ranger)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes