Check out the new inspiration board over on The Card Concept blog!
The theme this week is: Tropical Treats
Everyone is welcome to play along using the colors, the theme,
textures, items, or just anything from the picture as your starting point.
I was inspired by the watermelon jello cups to create this
mixed media shape card.
To create my watermelon background I cut a piece of watercolor paper with an oval die and painted it with mowed lawn and fossilized amber distress oxides. I then added jagged stripes and splatters with pine needles distress oxide.
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
Supplies and tools:
- Summer Fruits (Sweet n Sassy Stamps
- Canson Watercolor Paper
- Canson Mix Media Paper
- Arteza Real Brush Pens
- Manila Tags Nesting Dies (Stamplorations)
- Fishtail Banner Dies (Stamp Simply)
- Dotted Ovals Dies (Sizzix)
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
- Paper Crimper (Fiskars)
- Black Jewels (Kat Scrappiness)
- Baker's Twine
- White Gel Pen
- Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger)
- These colors of Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- Pine Needles
- Mowed Lawn
- Fossilized Amber
- Worn Liptstick
- Candied Apple
This post linked to:
Mix It Up Challenge - Open Technique (watercoloring with oxides)