My friend Autumn inspired me to buy the We Three Kings stamp set and create this trio of Christmas cards. I cased the card she created, but changed up the way I did the sentiment. Click here to view her card.
I started by ink smooshing two shades of distress ink around the border of a mixed media piece of paper. I did the darker one first and the added some lighter tones over top. I used saran wrap dipped in antique linen distress ink to add the bright spot in the center. Next, I added metallic paint splatters before stamping the wise men in black ink. I used one of the silhouette stamps from Scene Silhouettes: Jesus is Born to finish off the the end since it doesn't go all the way across the card.
For the bottom of the card, I
stamped one of the plaid stamps from Texture Tiles 4 in coordinating
colors on mixed media paper and inked around the edges. After adhering
it to my card panel, I added a strip of crochet lace and some burlap
string. I finished the card off with a sentiment from Endless Love.
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
Supplies and tools:
- From Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps:
- Crochet Lace
- Burlap String
- Metallic Paint
- These colors of Distress Ink (Ranger):
- Antique Linen, Rustic Wilderness/Mowed Lawn, Aged Mahogany/Candied Apple, Uncharted Mariner/Prize Ribbon
- Try it on Tuesday: Traditional Christmas
- As You Like Challenge - Favorite Non-traditional Christmas color
- blue - because it's my favorite color
- Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes