As the featured stamper from challenge number 768, I'm honored to be guest designing for the Color Throwdown Challenge today. The colors for this week are white, black, dark green and yellow green. I had fun pulling out a bunch of Tim Holtz products to create this wintry cathedral window scene.
I created a background for it by ink smooshing three shades of green
distress ink on mixed media paper and generously splattering with white
acrylic paint. The flower and all the greenery where cut from mixed
media paper and colored with distress inks and Arteza Real Brush Pens. The window was cut from black card stock and dry brushed with white gesso. I layered the window on a thin piece of cardboard to give it a chipboard feel.
Supplies and Tools:
- Cathedral Window Bigz die (Tim Holtz - Sizzix)
- Funky Wreaths Dies (Tim Holtz - Sizzix)
- Festive Bouquet Dies (Tim Holtz - Sizzix)
- Arteza Real Brush Pens
- Handwritten Music Overlays digital paper (Digital Curio)
- White Acrylic Paint Splatters
- White Gesso
- These colors of Distress Ink (Ranger):
- Rustic Wilderness, Shabby Shutters, and Peeled Paint