I put a new tutorial on the side links called "Mini Rolled Roses." I used that tutorial as a basis for making the roses on this card. I did change a few things: 1. I cut 2 in circles with a circle punch instead of the square 2. I didn't draw the lines - just eyeballed it and cut my circle into spirals 3.I crumpled my regular cardstock up and rolled it between my fingers till I broke the fibers --then separated it into two pieces (instead of using mulberry paper) 4. I used my quilling tool to hold my rose as it was a bit easier than doing it "by hand." Once you make one and get the hang of it, these whip up pretty fast!
Here's a closer view of them so you can see details:
I dabbed a little bit of my pearl paint on the top of the roses just for added dimension.
Supplies used on this card were:
- DP Home (My Mind's Eye)
- Pink/White/Green Cardstock
- MS Leaf punch
- MS Branch Punch
- Dew Drops (tutorial link on side)
- Metallic Pearl Paint (Folk Art)
- My Friend Stamp (Studio G)
- Teapot Stamp (Mary Engelbreit)
- Organic Flourish Border Embossing Folder
- Flourish Accent Shapeabilities
Post a Comment