I'm not sure that it turned out to be cheaper, and I know it WASN'T less work -- BUT it sure was a lot more FUN! I ended up making 10 of them over the course of three days.
Today I'll share the links for the Handbag --- details on the peppermint patties recipe, post it note cover, tag --to come later.
Here's a link to the Handbag template and another link to a whole list (55 +) bag templates (on Mel's blog).
Here's another link to a whole gallery (on Splitcoast Stampers) of ideas on how to decorate your bucket handbag.
- White cardstock
- all the buckets have this for a base
- Misc. Scraps of paper from my paper scrap bin
- Makes me glad I hoard my paper like I do and save every scrap. Almost all of these were made completely out of my paper scrap bins.
- Blossom Nestabilities
- I cut both the hole for the bag handles and a solid piece of cardstock (in matching paper) with this. I used the middle piece from the solid piece of cardstock to create the flower on the right
- Flower Die
- middle white flower
- centers of flowers
- Martha Stewart Branch punch