Here's a card I created using a bunch of my favorite Tim Holtz products....dies, inks, stains, crayons, and stamps! I'm also sharing a mini tutorial on creating the jumbo flower with the Tattered Floral Die.
Here’s how to create over-sized blooms:
- Die cut 2 of each flower (Tattered Florals – Tim Holtz Die) out of watercolor paper
- Using any Distress Stain, ink up both sides of your die cut flowers (I used Peeled Paint)
- Ink up a background stamp with (your choice) Distress Ink and lay your flower pieces over the top (I used a cheesecloth background stamp from Stampin' Up)
- Using your brayer, lightly press the flowers into the stamp
- Assemble your flower starting with the largest and working to the smallest
- Glue a pearl (or rhinestone) to the center of your flower
- Stamp (your choice) of Distress Ink on your work mat and spritz with water (I used walnut stain)
- Using a small paintbrush, lightly apply some of the color to your flower and heat set immediately
Note #2: You can also reapply Distress stain to select areas using the small paintbrush
Note #3: You can change up your flower by using different colors for different layers, stamping a variety of background stamps on them, and lightly painting diluted complementary colors on your assembled piece — The sky’s the limit so use your imagination and let your creativity soar.
To create the background for my card I masked off the left side of my card stock with a torn piece of computer paper and stamped the script stamp from Stampin Up in Walnut Stain Distress Oxide.
Next I layered stamps from Bitty Grunge (Tim Hotlz) and Flights of Fancy (Tim Holtz) in Worn Liptstick and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide.
I inked all the edges in Walnut Stain and distressed them before adhering the panel to my card front.
The foliage is a mixture of Holiday Greens Thinlits (Tim Holtz) and Leaves Galore (Tim Holtz) dies.
I colored my leaves using distress crayons.
To finished off my grungy/spring card, I added a stamped panel to the inside that matches the front of the card.
I'll be linking this up to Carol's (carolinaswettlee on Instagram) #flowertime2018. She's doing a giveaway of the Tattered Floral die - you can enter that HERE.
The Paper Players - Spring Has Sprung
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Inspired by all the Little Things - photo (vintage labels, queen ann's lace, greens)
Cardz TV - Anything Goes