It's time for our Wednesday challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. Since there are five Wednesday's in May we get to do a sketch!!
I flipped the sketch sideways for my card, but since I was looking at it vertically I placed the corner dots in the wrong place -- ooops!
To create my card I:
- inked up a piece of water color paper with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide (Ranger), spritzed with water, and used a paintbrush to spread the ink around
- stamped the 9402-U, Quilt Background in Versamark Watermark ink, covered it in white embossing powder, and heat set
- created a border for the bottom with the Embroidery Deep Edge Punch (Martha Stewart)
- cut a small piece of vellum and embossed it with the Mosaic Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
- printed the computer generated sentiment and die cut it with a stitched tag die
- stamped 9009-F, Butterfly (sm) over the sentiment in Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- created crinkled ribbon with white seam binding and Worn Lipstick Oxide
- added some pearls to the corners
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created: