It's time for our Wednesday challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. Since there are five Wednesday's in May we get to do a sketch!!
I flipped the sketch sideways for my card, but since I was looking at it vertically I placed the corner dots in the wrong place -- ooops!
To create my card I:
- inked up a piece of water color paper with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide (Ranger), spritzed with water, and used a paintbrush to spread the ink around
- stamped the 9402-U, Quilt Background in Versamark Watermark ink, covered it in white embossing powder, and heat set
- created a border for the bottom with the Embroidery Deep Edge Punch (Martha Stewart)
- cut a small piece of vellum and embossed it with the Mosaic Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
- printed the computer generated sentiment and die cut it with a stitched tag die
- stamped 9009-F, Butterfly (sm) over the sentiment in Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- created crinkled ribbon with white seam binding and Worn Lipstick Oxide
- added some pearls to the corners
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created:
Cheri ~ Shirley ~ Heather ~ Laurie ~ Donna ~ Joy
This post linked to:
Verve - Something Pink
Tuesday Throwdown - Create Your Own Background
Creative With Stamps - Mother
Allsorts - Insects, Bugs, Bees, Butterflies
Cuttlebug Mania - Birds and Butterflies (Cuttlebug embossing folder)
Oh, Esther...this is stunning! I love the deep rose with the white accents and I love how you flipped the sketch. Using the quilted stamp as a bg was brilliant.
Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Such a pretty, feminine card. Love the background you created. Thanks for joining us at Creative with Stamps.
neat how you turned the sketch on it's side, love that border punch and your crinkle ribbon, matches the butterfly so well
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge this weeks and good luck x Susan x
This is just gorgeous, it's always fun to flip a sketch, like your colors and all the details especially the crinkle ribbon dyed to match!
Beautiful!! I LOVE that fabulous border punch; so lacy! And using the ink in the different ways makes everything match so perfectly!
Such a beautiful card!
This has all the elements of a wonderful Mother's day card with the lace and quilt patterns! The butterfly is beautiful with the sentiment and that pretty bow just ties it up perfectly!
Post a Comment