Today's Challenge (over on The House that Stamps Built) is Designer's Choice. Donna picked "Single Layer Card" as the theme for this week.
I have to admit this one was a real challenge for me! I'm one of those card makers that likes to add layers and embellishments, but it was a lot of fun creating outside my normal "comfort zone."
To create this card:
- Stamp and mask off 708-K, Rebecca and 2704-H, Sailboat
- Color your background with watercolor paints (I used a set from Sonnet)
- Stamp 1507-J, Grass Border in Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento
- Free hand some flower stems with a sharpie marker
- Remove masks and color your images (and flowers) with Prismacolor pencils
- Blend with Q-tips and baby oil
- Stamp the sentiment 1905-I, Be strong . . . in black ink
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created: