This year seems to be flying by for me, and I can't believe it's almost time for Father's Day! Today I'm sharing a card I created to send to my Dad this year.
I knew I wanted to do something "sea themed," but I had the hardest time getting this card to come together. (You don't want to know how many background variations I tried or how many times I thought I had it only to tear it all apart and start over!)
Here's how it finally came together:
- I cut a piece of white card stock into a square card measuring 4.5 x 4.5
- I used sponge daubers to ink the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- I cut a piece of dictionary page to 4.25 x 4.25 and attached it on my card front with my ATG gun
- I created boards by:
- inking up a piece of kraft card stock with Brushed Corduroy/Ground Espresso Distress Ink, spritzed with water, and heat set
- embossed with the Wood Grain Embossing Folder from Darice
- inked over the embossing with Ground Espresso Distress Ink (Ranger)
- cut my panel into 1 inch strips
- tore the edges for a jagged look
- Next, I stamped the Marshal Point Lighthouse (PSX) in Versamark Watermark Ink on Watercolor paper
- I added Midnight Black Embossing Powder and heat set
- I colored the image using Sonnet Watercolors
- I tore around the edges and inked them with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide
- I added a few bits of cheesecloth under two corners of my image
- The final touch was some burlap string tied with nautical knots
Inside I added a sentiment by:
- running Brushed Corduroy/Ground Espresso Distress Ink (Ranger) over kraft card stock, spritzing with water, and heat setting
- stamping the Ships Wheel (Inkadinkado) in Versamark Watermark ink, adding black embossing powder, and heat setting
- creating a sentiment on my computer to add to the fussy cut center of my wheel
Make My Monday - Up-cycle (Dictionary Page, Cheesecloth)
Tuesday Throwdown - What A Guy
Shopping Our Stash - My Favorite Things (Watercolors)
Simon Says - All Things Bright and Beautiful
Time Out Challenge - Holidays (optional one layer)
The detail here is amazing and weak worth the time you spent putting it together. All the texture really blends so well together. I just want to pick it up. I adore the netting touch. One stunning card and we are so pleased you joined us at Time Out
Terrific man themed card Esther!
Beautiful work! This is a gorgeous, organic creation and your dad is sure to enjoy it! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
The texture and dimension in the background to this fabulous shore line scene is fantastic, Esther ... the wood and net elements capture the essence of the image beautifully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)
this is so fantastic!
thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!
hugs and kisses from germany,
Fabulous card... Lovely detailing.
Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday challenge.
Totally stunning! I love all the nautical projects and yours is so pretty. The pieces of faux wood are so cool, I thought they were real. Great image and coloring, too. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
This is a terrific nautical card! (Could go to a man or a woman... but wll be perfect for Father's Day!) The knots look so perfect, and I love all your layers and textures. Thank you for sharing this piece at SOS this week.
Post a Comment