I chose "Summer Vacation" as the theme for our challenge over at The House That Stamps Built this week. How you decide to interpret that is up to you -- flip flops, beach, flowers, ice cream, travel, sunshine, gardening, or maybe a hot air balloon!
To create my cards I:
- Embossed a piece of gray cardstock with the large polka-dots embossing folder from The Paper Studio
- Added a paper doily
- Using Ultramarine Blue Color Bursts, I painted a piece of watercolor paper and die cut it with a stitched square die
- Added a bit of diluted white paint and spritzed it with water for more depth
- Hand cut some clouds from white felt
- Dabbed white paint on the clouds and added white glitter
- Stamped 9113-K, Hot Air Balloon and 9104-G, Soaring by to say Hi in Versamark ink, added midnight black embossing powder, and heat set
- Colored both with Sonnet Watercolors
- Added some stripes and polka-dots to my balloon with a white gel pen
- Finished off the card with some seqins.
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created this week:
Cheri ~ Shirley ~ Heather ~ Laurie ~ Donna ~ Joy
This post linked to:
Simon Says - All Things Bright and Beautiful
heARTful Stamping - Anything Goes + a Stamp
Creative Inspirations - Here Comes The Sun
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Such a beautiful summery card! The embossing looks fab and I love the bright colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
What a beautiful card, a hot air balloon ride is on my bucket list and vacation would be my ideal time for this. Such a fun DCC!
Like the patterns in the balloons and the cool clouds! Like the dotted embossed background with it
I like how you paired your balloons with the clouds. Wonderful details with the embossing and bling.
Such beautiful balloons!! Love all of your fluffy clouds and bright rainbow colors!
So bright and summery!! Love the colors on the balloons and they really look like they are floating through the sky!
What fabulous cards! I love how you created the sky and the texture you added to the clouds. The bright bold colors on the hot air balloons really make these cards stunning and the subtle polka dot texture in the background is lovely. I also like the layout and how you stacked up the different elements in such a clever way. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring card duo with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Post a Comment