Today I'm sharing a different kind of card with you -- a fully decorated, tri-fold card that uses Graciellie Design's Pink and Blue Watercolor Digital Paper. I cased a card from one of my Graciellie teammates (Helen Gullet) who is also a designer team member over at Stamplorations. I love the design of this card with it's open center and large sentiment!
Most of the embellishments come from fussy cutting the floral designs from the digital papers and layering them with foam mounting tape.
I also added some tiny pearls to the flower centers and a few through-out the card (like on the vellum overlay on the third page).
To create the tri-fold I:
- created a regular A2 sized card (4.25 x 5.5 inches) out of white card stock
- created an extra white panel that measured 4.5 x 5.5 inches
- scored a line on the extra panel at .25 inch
- attached my panel to the card via the extra .25 inch
Here's how I decorated this card:
- I started by typing several verses from I Corinthians 13 into Open Office to create a love themed background for the front of my card (the font is called Great Vibes)
- After I adhered the text to the front of my card, I traced and hand cut an oval from the center
- Next, I traced and hand cut a black frame for around my oval
- I printed one of the floral pages from Graciellie Design's Pink and Blue Watercolor Digital Paper and fussy cut several of the flower arrangements to decorate my oval, popping parts of them up with foam mounting tape
- Added tiny pearls to the center of the roses
For the next two panels I:
- Die cut a black piece of card stock with the Beaded Ovals Nestabilities (Spellbinders) and hand cut the center out
- Used more of Graciellie's floral arrangements to decorate the edges
- Added tiny pearls to the centers of the roses
- Die cut the Praying For You sentiment (Cutplorations) from black card stock and glued it to the center of my page so it would show through the oval
For the third panel I:
- Stamped the verse (Stampendous) in Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento) on vellum
- Added three tiny pearls
- Punched two holes at the top and tied it to my panel with pink burlap string
For the two panels on the reverse side I:
- Added papers from Graciellie Design's Pink and Blue Watercolor Digital Paper
- Adhered a leftover piece of the front text paper to the center
- added two paper lace borders (Eyelet Lace Border Punch - Martha Stewart) in black card stock
- Added a torn paper flower (a mini tutorial can be found in my very first Gracielle Design post!)
- Added a sentiment from Graciellie's "In Christ Alone" digital stamp set
I hope this card inspires you to try using digital papers - they make creating cards like this easy because all the papers already match and all you have to do is print, cut, and glue!
Stamplorations - CASE a stampgirl (I cased Helen)
Tuesday Throwdown - You're on my mind
Simon Says - Frame It
4 Crafty Chicks - Birds n' Blooms
Allsorts - 2 or more dies
A beautiful floral creation and great use of your dies for our 'Use at least two dies' theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.
Wow, that is gorgeous! Love all the beautiful flowers. I have been printing more and more of my papers. Between that and using stencils, I have been avoiding my paper pads.
Gorgeous card Esther! It's so pretty & feminine & the design is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Hello, Esther! I have been enjoying seeing your cards over at STAMPlorations and also your very kind comments on my blog for joining Crop Stop challenges. Your card is absolutely beautiful! So many gorgeous details to look at! I'm your newest follower!
How beautiful!!! I love everything about your card! Thank You for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for the "Your on my Mind" challenge.
Love how your beautiful bi fold card looks I couldn't decide which panel was he prettiest They are all stunning. Thanks for helping STAMPlorations celebrate 5 years.
Esther, this is one beautiful and amazing card. I love love love your design and each of the side with encouraging message. I love how you use the open frame on the front card.
Thank you so much for celebrating STAMPlorations 5th Birthday and for CASEing my one of my cards.
Post a Comment