Today's card features something I've never tried before - a spinner. I used the Leaping Trout digital stamp set (Power Poppy) to create this fun masculine card.
To create this cards I:
- embossed a piece of kraft card stock with the Lumber 3D embossing folder (Tim Holtz) and inked it up with ground espresso distress ink (Ranger)
- note: since this is a wide card I had to emboss it twice and cut the boards into strips before adhering them to my kraft card base
- I die cut the center with a circle nestabilities from Spellbinders
- I die cut a black frame with the scallop circle nestabilities (Spellbinders) and glued it around the outside of my cut out
- I printed the trout (both regular and reversed) and colored it with my Prismacolor Pencils
- I fussy cut both trout and glued them back to back with a piece of burlap string in between them
- I inverted a sentiment from Leaping Trout and printed it on kraft card stock -- distressing the edges before adding it to the corner of my card front
- I created two copper brads with Versamark Watermark ink and copper embossing powder
Power Poppy - Inspired Me (Allison Cope - You Spin Me Around)
Simon Says - Summer Fun (Fishing)
Stamplorations - Theme and Sketch - Stamps and Anything Goes
Lovely creations - and Oh my I totally forgot that we can emboss our brads! Make note--- that is what I am saying to my brain - now where is that bucket list so I can write it down - super masculine card! TFS
Wonderful masculine spinner card! I have never made a spinner card. Love that you heat embossed your brads. I have do that as well and I purchase all of my gems clear now and then just color them to match whatever I am making. The one tip I was thrilled to find was to be able to emboss with most pens (ball point not markers) just write your sentiment or draw and image the sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set, no embossing pad needed! I watched a video and it sure worked!
that fish looks so good against the Lumber Background, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx
How fun to make a spinner with the fish! Thanks the best thing about digis that you can reverse the image too. Awesome card Esther!
Oh my goodness! A beautiful fish! So nice! Love it! Great card. Really eye-catching and so brave to take on this fish - I'm just not there yet. LOL!
Post a Comment