It's time for our Wednesday challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week we have an inspiration board for you. This challenge is a fun cross between a photo challenge and a color challenge. You can choose to be inspired by the colors, the photograph, or both! I love this week's selection -- and chose to be inspired by the photo of coffee and sunflowers!
To create my happy little coffee shaped card I:
- cut a coffee cup shaped card (using the free template below) out of white card stock and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
- cut the lid and wrapper from kraft card stock
- inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
- ran the wrapper through my Fiskars paper crimper
- stamped 2826-H, Let Us... on the lid in Ground Espresso Distress Ink (Ranger) and glued it to the top flap of my card
- created an autumn collage on my wrapper using the following Repeat Impressions Stamps:
- All the stamped pieces where inked with Fossilized Amber/Spiced Marmalade/Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
- I added some brown (Studio G) glitter to the center of my layered sunflower
- The extra vines are die cut from the Funky Flowers #1 thinlits (Sizzix - Tim Holtz) and Meadowbird Branch dies (Memory Box)
Free Printable Coffee Cup Template
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created:
Cheri ~ Shirley ~ Heather ~ Laurie ~ Donna ~ Joy
This post linked to:
Make My Monday - Autumn/ Fall Colors
Paper Craft Crew - Photo Inspiration
Thank you for the free template - what a beautiful fall cup - makes me want to head out and get a pumpkin spice latte this a.m. I have a paper crimper "somewhere" - going to have to look for it as this really adds the punch to this cup.
You are so darn creative! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo and really like this!
I love how you put the corrugated piece in the middle and I love the pretty flower and leaves there, love the sentiment on the top, didn't know a cup could be so gorgeous!
Great card, thanks for sharing it with us at Make my Monday Janet DT
This is stunning, like how you did the sunflower and incorporated so many RI stamps with it to highlight your coffee cup. Thanks for the template!
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT
This is such a brilliant way to interpret this inspiration, Esther. I love it! Dressing up the coffee cup with the sunflower and foral arrangement is so clever. Thank you for sharing the template, I'll be using it in my own creations.
love how you have made your card look so real with the corrugated cardboard! Cute idea!
This is fabulous!!! Love it!! The fall 'cluster' is awesome and I love the sentiment stamped along the top of the lid; so fun!
This is wonderful! The fall focal piece is so gorgeous. Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew challenge.
Post a Comment