It's time for our Wednesday challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week the theme is --- ANYTHING GOES!
I've created a lot of multi-layered, 3D cards this month, so I thought it would be nice to do something a little more CAS this week.
(Note: Because I'm a "frugal" person who tries not to spend loads of money on craft supplies, I don't own a Misti Stamping Platform. To make my deer dark enough, I used my teammate, Heather's, excellent tutorial for creating silhouettes. As you can see - it worked wonderfully!)
To create this card I:
- Sponged Black Soot Distress ink onto the bottom of my Watercolor Paper
- Sponged Fired Brick/Wild Honey/ Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide onto the top portion of my paper - masking off the moon with a circle (Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders)
- Stamped the following Repeat Impressions Stamps in Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
- Die cut two Happy Birthday sentiments using the Phrase Set One dies from Spellbinders
- glued them together and sponged Fired Brick/Wild Honey Distress Oxide over them
- Die cut a tree (Birch Trees Die from Impression Obsession) and added it to the left side of the card
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created: