It's time for a Tic Tac Toe Challenge over on The House That Stamps Built. You know the drill...Choose three items (across, down, or diagonally) to include on your creation, then come by the blog and link it up! I chose the top line -- Use Dimension -- Lighthouse -- Sponging
Here's how I put my card together:
- Embossed a piece of coredinations card stock with the Wood Planks embossing folder (Sizzix - Tim Holtz) and sanded over the raised design
- Die cut out a large circle with the Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Stamped (and masked off) the 3003-K, Cape Hatteras Light and 2704-H, Sailboat in gathered twigs distress ink
- Sponged a background using these shades of Distress Ink (Ranger)
- Broken China, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Scattered Straw, Gathered Twigs
- Created three circle frames using the Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) - glued them together for dimension and added Ocean Blue Liquid Pearl dots to create a porthole appearance
- glued my porthole frame over the circle scene
- Embossed a piece of kraft card stock with the 3D Lumber embossing Folder (Sizzix - Tim Holtz)
- inked it with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink (Ranger)
- cut out the boards and rounded the tops to create wood pilings
- wrapped burlap string around their tops
- cut a piece of cheesecloth and swiped a bit of gathered twigs distress ink over it
- stamped 4111-F, Starfish (sm), 4114-C, Sea Urchin (sm), and 2415-E, Whelk Shell in distress inks - cut out and added to the bottom of my scene
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created:
How stunning and clever, great design and use of media for a striking card Heather!
I love all the texture on this fantastic design, Esther! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
What a fantastic card. I really love all that wonderful texture you have. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.
Beautiful!! I love your fun porthole, and the netting is a really fun touch!
Oh Esther, this is just wonderful, I love how you cut the wood and wrapped with the rope :) The cheese cloth is such a cool touch too, just love everything about it!
This is beautiful! It breathes summer and the textures and layers make it so special! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!
I like everything about this card. The background is so pretty and I love the netting!
Hi Esther. I am late in commenting, but just wanted to tell you how much I love your card for the last Time Out chllenge. I love that wonderful background panel and the distressing. Love the port hole and the beautiful embossed and watercolored scene inside. I love that you left the embossed images white. The added touch of the pilings and the fish net... absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much for playing at Time Out,
Wonderful card Esther, I'm sure you Dad loved it!
Sorry I'm late in commenting, had to take in my desktop to the geek squad for a tune up! So lost without it.
Congrats for winning at Time Out, we loved your card. See blog for details of being GD and getting your prize xx
Playing catch up on my comments this am - and this one is AWESOME - so much detail to look at. Love the "netting" and the scene you created is great.
Post a Comment