Today I have a butterfly card to share with you in tribute to Melissa Lane, a fellow card maker who went home to be with Jesus this month. Because Melissa loved butterflies, Stamplorations is doing a a special butterfly link up in her honor. You can view some of Melissa's inspiring work and read more about the link-up here.
To create my card I:
- sponged Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide through the Ethnic Flutter stencil (Stamplorations)
- spritzed it with water and heat set
- stamped the Postcard stamp (Repeat Impressions) in two corners using worn lipstick distress oxide
- inked the edges of the top panel with the same three inks above and matted it on black card stock
- stamped the sentiment (All Year Cheer - Stampin' Up) in Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento)
- added two butterflies (Butterfly trim - Martha Stewart) and two tiny pearls to their centers
- popped up the top panel with foam squares and distressed the edges of the bottom panel before mounting it all on a white card front
Inside I die cut a circle/scallop circle (Spellbinders Nestabilities) and added a Scripture verse (from Blue Ridge Impressions)
This post linked to:
Stamplorations - Melissa's Butterfly Gallery
Never Ending Anything Goes with Stamplorations products
Shopping Our Stash - Pink is the New Orange
4 Crafty Chicks - Finish the inside
Word art Wednesday - Anything Goes with family friendly sentiment
beautiful card made in Melissa's memory, Esther. love the ink blending you did and the black card stock to mat the top panel provides a wonderful contrast. thank you for joining us in celebrating Melissa's life.
sooooooooooooo very lovely, every single thing about this is just so RIGHT! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (pink & orange!) STASH with us this week!
Beautiful tribute for her, she would have loved it.
Beautiful card Esther!
Thanks so much for celebrating PINK IS THE NEW ORANGE with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!
Just beautiful. What a lovely piece of art... it is always therapeutic to craft while thinking of someone... and especially meaningful to craft in honor of another crafter. So sad about the reason. Thanks for linking at SOS, Esther.
Gorgeous colors, and such a pretty card, the inside makes me smile. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Fabulous inking of your background. I love it! We are so blessed you link your artwork with us last Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. There still a few days left for you to join us again in our current Challenge. Leaving you with the inspiration of the Scripture in 1 Thessalonians 2:13 which says, "And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe." Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment