Check out the new inspiration board over on The Card Concept blog!
The theme this week is: Summer Harvest
Everyone is welcome to play along using the colors, the theme,
textures, items, or just anything from the picture as your starting point.
I was inspired by the chalkboard and sunflowers to create this mixed media gate fold card.
My card features an oversized sunflower stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Arteza real brush pens. I then added some glitter glue dots to the center and a few highlights with a white gel pen and white Prismacolor Pencil. To create the chalkboard look, I embossed my black card panels with a Spellbinder M-Bossabilities folder and lightly rubbed white pigment ink over top. The belly band was created by punching both sides of a black paper strip with a deep edge punch from Martha Stewart. Scroll down to see how I finished the inside of this card.
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
Supplies and tools:
- Like a Sunflower (Sweet n Sassy Stamps)
- Friendship Is A Blessing (Sweet n Sassy Stamps)
- Quilted Delight M-Bossabilities (Spellbinders)
- Brilliance Moonlight White Ink (Tsukineko)
- Skeleton Leaves Die (Sizzix - Tim Holtz)
- Embroidery Deep Edge Punch (Martha Stewart)
- Canson Watercolor Paper
- Arteza Real Brush Pens
- Studio G Glitter Glue
- Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger)
- White Gel Pen
- Prismacolor Pencils
I hope you'll come play along in this week's challenge!
This post linked to:
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Use Your Favorite Stamp (Like a sunflower)