Check out the new inspiration board over on The Card Concept blog!
The theme this week is: Around the World
Everyone is welcome to play along using the colors, the theme,
textures, items, or just anything from the picture as your starting point.
I was inspired by the old books and suitcase to create this mixed media card.
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
After embossing my background with the subway folder, I lightly swiped white ink across it to make the raised part stand out a little more. The suitcases were colored by lifting some ink off of my distress oxide pads with my waterbrush pen and then painting it on my image. I mixed a little brown into the colors to create different tones.
Supplies and tools:
- These products from Stamplorations
- Subway Embossing Folder (Sizzix - Tim Holtz)
- Old Book Page
- Washi Tape
- Black Rhinestones
- Waterbrush Pen
- Brilliance Moonlight White Ink (Tsukineko)
- Jet Black Archival Ink
- These colors of Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot
This post linked to: