Here's another card I created for Sweet n Sassy Stamps Stamp-A-Thon going on this week. I had to try Casey's challenge to "Stamp on a Tea Bag," and I included Janelle's challenge as well: "De-stress with Distress Oxides."
If you'd like to play along (for a chance to win 1 of 2 $25 gift codes
to the SnSS store), the challenges are open till Friday the 20th. All
the information can be found at the link above.
To create my card I started with an ink smooshed background in two shades of yellow distress oxide. I then inked around the edges with vintage photo distress ink, and did a little text and honeycomb stamping over top.
I didn't have a dry tea bag, so I hurriedly made a cup of tea (coconut!), and dried the tea bag with my heat gun. I cut a slit in the back and removed the tea so I could stamp on the front. I used waterproof inks for the text and bee, so I could color in parts with my Arteza Real Brush Pens.
A few bits of washi, some die cut flowers, and two staples complete this fun mixed media card.
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
Supplies and tools:
- From Sweet n Sassy Stamps:
- Trendy Spring Blooms (Stamplorations)
- Arteza Real Brush Pens
- Fallen Leaves Versafine Clair Ink
- Brown Jewels (Kat Scrappiness)
- Fabric Washi Tape
- Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
- These colors of Distress Oxide (Ranger):
- Scattered Straw, Wild Honey Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
- Mix It Up Challenge - Mixed Media
- The Paper Funday - Anything Goes + optional cute critters (are bees critters?)
- The Flower Challenge - Use a Die (Optional slimline)
- A Place to Start Challenge - Favorite Style
- I love mixed media with layers and textures
Hi Esther! In my world bees are critters...love your card, as always. Wonderful layers and a tea bag!? There's a new one for me! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges.
Oh wow that is totally Awesome, excellent mixed media card, your background is fantastic, great smooshing, stamping and love the washi. The coloring of the tea bag is terrific, love how it turned out!
Just love this! You have such a gift for making mixed media art turn out so beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.
What a fun card, Ester. That tea bag is so cute, especially with the stamped bee! Love your die-cut flowers in the background. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!
This is an absolutely fabulous creation! I love all that honey gold! Beautiful work, Esther! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Chana Malkah, Owner
Post a Comment