Here's another card I created for Sweet n Sassy Stamps Stamp-A-Thon going on this week. I had to try Casey's challenge to "Stamp on a Tea Bag," and I included Janelle's challenge as well: "De-stress with Distress Oxides."
If you'd like to play along (for a chance to win 1 of 2 $25 gift codes
to the SnSS store), the challenges are open till Friday the 20th. All
the information can be found at the link above.
To create my card I started with an ink smooshed background in two shades of yellow distress oxide. I then inked around the edges with vintage photo distress ink, and did a little text and honeycomb stamping over top.
I didn't have a dry tea bag, so I hurriedly made a cup of tea (coconut!), and dried the tea bag with my heat gun. I cut a slit in the back and removed the tea so I could stamp on the front. I used waterproof inks for the text and bee, so I could color in parts with my Arteza Real Brush Pens.
A few bits of washi, some die cut flowers, and two staples complete this fun mixed media card.
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
Supplies and tools:
- From Sweet n Sassy Stamps:
- Trendy Spring Blooms (Stamplorations)
- Arteza Real Brush Pens
- Fallen Leaves Versafine Clair Ink
- Brown Jewels (Kat Scrappiness)
- Fabric Washi Tape
- Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
- These colors of Distress Oxide (Ranger):
- Scattered Straw, Wild Honey Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
- Mix It Up Challenge - Mixed Media
- The Paper Funday - Anything Goes + optional cute critters (are bees critters?)
- The Flower Challenge - Use a Die (Optional slimline)
- A Place to Start Challenge - Favorite Style
- I love mixed media with layers and textures