Today's mixed media card features BRAND NEW products from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps February Release! I'm using their NEW Secret Garden Stamps/Dies, Floral Doily Stencil, and Sweet Scalloped Circle Dies. Shop before February 9th and get 10% off with Early Bird Savings!
Shop the entire February Release Here
~~~This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you~~~
Here's how I created my mixed media background:
- Swipe a piece of mixed media paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink
- Stamp the Shiplap Background over top in the same ink
- Stamp the script stamp from Texture Tiles 1 in two corners and spot stamp in the center using Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Mixed together White Gesso and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain, apply through the Floral Doily Stencil
- Spray a bit of Gold Shimmer and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain over top
- Stamp the fern from Secret Garden in a few places using Vintage Photo Distress Ink
The moth was colored with Distress Inks and I added some highlights with my Arteza Real Brush Pens
Supplies and Tools:
- From Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps:
- Secret Garden Stamp Set
- Secret Garden Die Set
- Sweet Scalloped Circle Dies
- Floral Doily Stencil
- Texture Tiles 1
- Shiplap Background
- Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink
- White Gesso (Dina Wakley)
- Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain (Ranger)
- Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Imagine Crafts)
- Yeti Ink (Lawn Fawn)
- Arteza Real Brush Pens
- These colors of Distress Ink (Ranger):
- Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Scattered Straw
This post linked to:
So pretty, love the colors in this, the stenciling is so pretty for the background and like how you did the sentiment over the butterfly too, the buttons top it off nicely!
What a wonderful and striking card!
Great to see you at Krafty Chicks Challenge! Jackie GD.
Thanks for sharing this stunning card with us at Word Art Wednesday, Esther. It's always a treat to see your wonderful creativity.
That's lovely, I appreciate your details on how you made it. For those of us afraid of mixed media and not knowing where to start you give some good inspiration! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.
I'm always so impressed with your designs Esther! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Wonderfully layered beauty. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff
Post a Comment