Today's card was inspired by Power Poppy's month long challenge for May - "Black and White with a Pop of Color." I love how the elegant flowers in my die cut compliment the beautiful rose in the digital stamp. (Of course I chose this stamp to showcase because it's also the Coffee Lover's Spring + Summer Blog Hop!)
To create my card I:
- printed an image from Everything's Rosy (Power Poppy) on water color paper
- colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and after blending, added a few highlights with watercolor markers
- die cut with an stitched oval die
- die cut Classic Floral Frame (Die'sire- Crafter's Companion) out of black card stock
- layered my frame over a piece of white cardstock with a die cut black oval in the center
- added my Power Poppy digi over top
- created crinkle ribbon bow from Hug Snug Seam binding and Black Soot Distress ink (Ranger)
- die cut a small rose from the Tiny Tattered florals die set (Tim Hotlz)
- added a white pearl to the center and layered it over the knot in my bow
Power Poppy - Black and White with a pop of color
Coffee Lovers Spring + Summer Blog Hop
Tuesday Throwdown - die cut, digi stamp, ribbon
Super gorgeous!!! Love this pretty image along with a pop of black color frame!
Such a pretty card! Love that stark black ♥
Wow, this is stunning. Love how the black and white frame looks. Beautiful coloring of the flowers.
This card is stunning, Esther. LOVE the black background and the seam binding bow. Lovely as always.
so amazing card!
This is so gorgeous! I love that background die too!
Very pretty card.
So beautiful! Love the black and white and your pops of color. :)
Ester, this is so pretty...love the dramatic look that the black adds to your card and the fun pops of color that you've colored.
So pretty! Love that diecut frame and love the beautiful image!
Simply Stunning!!! Gonna have to do something like this, thanks for the inspiration!
Beautiful! I love the rich black and white!
Beautiful! Love the pop of color with the black and white background!
Ooh, so pretty and elegant!! Lovely card!
Theresa’s Crafty Creations
The intricate framing and bow is just gorgeous Esther! Thanksso much for joining at Power Poppy this month!
Wow! Such a elegant card! Love it!
This is so pretty, Esther, I love it!
I love the use of black on a card. This is beautiful!
Just look at this! Wow! So elegant and a really lovely design! Hugs!
Sweet and love that pop of black!!
Post a Comment