It's Tic Tac Toe time over at The House That Stamps Built! Choose three items (across, down, or diagonally) to include on your creation, then come by the blog and link it up! Here's this week's challenge board:
I chose the middle column -- Masculine/Embossing/Background Wash -- as the inspiration for my card today.
Here's how I put this card together:
- I started with a piece of watercolor paper cut to size
- Next, I painted a background wash using Pearlescent Watercolor Paints
- I added the 9722-E, Betta Soon sentiment, the 9713-E, Bubbles, and the 9718-G, Plant in Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento)
- The seaweed was colored with a Touch Five Marker
- I stamped, 9714-I, Betta Fish - 4113-G, Rock Crab - 4114-C, Sea Urchin (sm) - 4111-F, Starfish (sm) in Versamark Watermark ink, added midnight black embossing powder, and heat set
- The sea creatures were all painted with the same Pearlescent Watercolor Paints and glued to my card front
- Last of all, I matted my main panel on black card stock and adhered it to my card
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created:
Cheri ~ Shirley ~ Heather ~ Laurie ~ Donna ~ Joy
This post linked to:
Cardz TV - Anything goes
heARTful Stamping - Anything goes + a stamp
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Okay, this one made me giggle. Love the Beta and that great washed background you created!
Stunning scene and great background!
Love the watercolor washed background you created for this one. Awesome job!
Awesome card! Love your background wash and the cluster of sea elements; so fun!
Fun sentiment and your coloring and background wash look wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!
PS Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, too! That was a real blessing to me.
You've created a great scene! The background water affect is great.
Beautiful underwater scene! I love the look of watercolor.
I absolutely love this, Esther! The design, layout and your creativity just raised the bar for this challenge! I love your card!
Post a Comment