It's time for our Wednesday challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week we have an inspiration board for you. This challenge is a fun cross between a photo challenge and a color challenge. You can choose to be inspired by the colors, the photograph, or both!
For some reason I had trouble creating with this board. I love both the colors and the floral section and set out to incorporate both. After several failed attempts to turn out anything I liked, I finally gave up and chose to use just the color pallete.
To create my card I:
- Applied Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, and Scattered Straw Distress Ink through a Recollections stencil
- Punched a thin strip of paper lace using the Embroidery Border Punch from Martha Stewart
- Added a piece of homemade crinkle ribbon over top, tied in a bow
- Stamped the 9009-F, Butterfly (sm)in Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink, fussy cut, and added two pearls to the center
- Stamped a sentiment from Plate 9900 in Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento)
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created:
Cheri ~ Shirley ~ Heather ~ Laurie ~ Donna ~ Joy
This post linked to:
Double D Challenge - Butterflies
Dare 2B Artzy - Bright colors
heARTful Stamping - Anything Goes + a stamp
What a beautiful background Esther! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Butterflies’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!
How gorgeous, fabulous background and design Esther!!
That is a fun stencil, Esther. Love the colors and design! Nice work.
such a pretty stencil, pretty blending of the colors!
Very pretty card! I love the background stencil and the colors!
Well, no one would know you struggled with this one!! This is beautiful!! Love that fabulous background!
I agree with Heather! Nice job on this, it turned out beautiful.
Even though you had a rough time starting, the end results are perfect! I love this card. :) Thank you for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge this week!
Your blended background is beautiful and the butterfly and ribbon are as pretty as a flower. You did a lovely job with these colors and our Double D butterfly challenge. Thank you for sharing with us!
Post a Comment