It's time for our Wednesday challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week we have an inspiration board for you. This challenge is a fun cross between a photo challenge and a color challenge. You can choose to be inspired by the colors, the photograph, or both!
I loved this challenge board as soon as Wendy posted it in on our private facebook page. I used both sides of the board as inspiration for my card.....that lovely night sky and the color scheme! To create my card I started by making a galaxy background....
- I mask off the moon using a white piece of card stock cut with circle nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Using Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide along with Mermaid Lagoon and Black Soot Distress Ink -- I inked up my water color paper being sure to leave some lighter ink around the moon to create a glowing effect
- Next, I spritzed it with water and heat set it
- To finish off the sky, I added some splashes of diluted white acrylic paint
- I removed the moon mask and using the 2708-M, Pine Branch stamp and Tuxedo Black Ink I added branches all around my card front to create the illusion of looking up at the moon through a forest of trees
- I stamped the 1905-I, Be strong . . . sentiment in black ink and added the 2709-I, Large Pine Forest image over top in Mowed Lawn and Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink
- After die cutting with a rectangle die I matted it on a piece of dark blue card stock
- For my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar
- There's a new challenge every week over at The House That Stamps Built
- you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link or win
- One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month
Check out what the other design team members created: