Today I'm sharing a monochromatic card created with Gracie's brand new "Peony Hugs" digital stamp set. This amazing bundle has no less than 5 beautiful images and 10 great sentiments to make creating with it a ton of fun!
To create my background I:
- inked my embossing folder with broken china distress oxide before running my card stock through and embossing
- inked the raised portion with both cracked pistachio and salty ocean distress ink to make the design stand out
Supplies and tools:
- Peony Hugs digital stamp set (Graciellie Design)
- Canson watercolor paper
- Prismacolor Pencils
- Versamark Watermark Ink
- Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (Ranger)
- Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder (Stampendous)
- Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
- Broken China Distress Oxide (Ranger)
- Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink (Ranger)
- Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Simon Says - Bright and Cheerful
Little Red Wagon - Digi Do
Krafty Chicks - Embossing
Just Add Ink - Add "C" (circle die cut)
Simon Says Wednesday -Anything Goes
My goodness, Esther, you can create faster than I can scroll down the page of your lovely blog! This card is stunning! I love the teal blues and silver combined and that peony image is amazing! Your embossing folder took me down memory lane, but it looks as fresh as ever on your background. Thank you for your visits on my blog--they have totally made my day! Hugs!
Ooooh, fantastic colours! Love how you did the background too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.
Love the colors you have used, pretty coloring of the background and like your circle behind the flowers, so pretty!
I just love how you've used light and dark shades of teal to create such a lovely atmospheric card Esther. The flowers look stunning accented by the circle. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim
Such a gorgeous card, Esther! I love your delicate paste background details and the light and dark areas you’ve created to bring your monochromatic scene to life. A great use of circles too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.
This is a wonderful background technique - and so so effective. Lovely monochromatic card. Chantell Just Add Ink
Post a Comment