So........I've been experimenting with coloring flowers by sponging on distress oxides, and I'm loving how the colors blend into each other on these bright blooms.
To create my flowers I:
- I stamped the Oakberry Lane Blossoms in fossilized amber distress ink on cream card stock.
- After die cutting, I inked the entire flower with squeezed lemonade distress oxide.
- Then I inked the petals in wild honey distress oxide, and finally the tips in candied apple distress oxide.
Supplies and Tools:
- Butterfly Dreams Paper Collections (Heartfelt Creations)
- Oakberry Lane Blossoms Cling Stamp Set (Heartfelt Creations)
- Oakberry Lane Blossoms Dies (Heartfelt Creations)
- Album Tags and Accents Die (Heartfelt Creations)
- Rock Candy Stamens - Small (Heartfelt Creations)
- These colors of distress oxide (Ranger)
- Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Candied Apple
- These colors of distress ink (Ranger)
- Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles
This post linked to:
Use Your Stuff - Flora and Fauna (i.e. plants and animals)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - April Showers bring May flowers
Butterfly Challenge - Dark Orange, Dartmouth Green, Butterfly
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge