So........I've been experimenting with coloring flowers by sponging on distress oxides, and I'm loving how the colors blend into each other on these bright blooms.
To create my flowers I:
- I stamped the Oakberry Lane Blossoms in fossilized amber distress ink on cream card stock.
- After die cutting, I inked the entire flower with squeezed lemonade distress oxide.
- Then I inked the petals in wild honey distress oxide, and finally the tips in candied apple distress oxide.
Supplies and Tools:
- Butterfly Dreams Paper Collections (Heartfelt Creations)
- Oakberry Lane Blossoms Cling Stamp Set (Heartfelt Creations)
- Oakberry Lane Blossoms Dies (Heartfelt Creations)
- Album Tags and Accents Die (Heartfelt Creations)
- Rock Candy Stamens - Small (Heartfelt Creations)
- These colors of distress oxide (Ranger)
- Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Candied Apple
- These colors of distress ink (Ranger)
- Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles
This post linked to:
Use Your Stuff - Flora and Fauna (i.e. plants and animals)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - April Showers bring May flowers
Butterfly Challenge - Dark Orange, Dartmouth Green, Butterfly
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge
Oh wow that is beautiful, love the diecut frame and your flowers are just beautiful, lovely shaping and especially terrific coloring and shaping of the flowers, beautiful butterfly also!
This is beautiful Esther, you do florals so well and the vibrancy of colour on the blooms is lovely. Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Flowers and Showers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.
A gorgeous card Esther. A lovely shape, design and beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies
Oh my goodness your flowers are just the bees knees!! The colours are fabulous and they look so real. I thought at first you had just coloured some silk ready made ones . I love the butterfly too. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.
I hopped over from the Butterfly challenge. Congrats on your win it was well deserved. Your flowers are stunning!
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting and Happy Easter.
Catherine x DT
What a beautiful flowers have you created. Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations challenge.
Post a Comment